Financial Support

Finding yourself without a home for your children is one of the most devastating and scary situations a parent can face. Not only does Family Promise help children and their families at this time of crisis, but we also help them long after they move into their new home to ensure a future of self-sufficiency and independence.

Donations are vital to enabling Family Promise of Grand Rapids to keep helping families in crisis. We are a 501(c)(3) organization, so your contribution is tax deductible. Please consider what you can do to help our families!

Ways To Donate

Online Donations – Using the red “Donate” button to the right, you can make a donation now using your credit card or PayPal account. All online donations are processed by PayPal for your security. Your credit card information will not be forwarded to Family Promise of Grand Rapids.

Help More Families by Becoming a Monthly Donor

Make your gift dollar go further by becoming a regular monthly giver! Our online giving page now allows you to make recurring donations; just use the red Donate
button on the right.

To arrange secure direct payments from your bank account, contact our Director of Development & Community Engagement at  616-608-8905 or

Mail Donations – Donations by mail are also gratefully accepted. Please make the check out to Family Promise of Grand Rapids and mail to 516 Cherry Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.

State Tax Credit

In addition to the normal tax deduction for charitable contributions, residents of Michigan may be eligible for a state income tax credit for donations to Family Promise of Grand Rapids. Donations to homeless shelters qualify for a 50 percent state income tax credit ( half your money back! ). Limits: up to a $100 credit ( for a $200 gift ) for an individual, $200 ( for a $400 gift ) for a married couple filing jointly, and for businesses, 5 percent of the business’ tax liability before claiming any other credits, or $5,000, whichever is less. Consult your tax professional for questions regarding your specific tax situation.