Family Promise has over 2,600 amazing volunteers helping 365 days a year to support families with children facing a housing crisis!
Volunteers of any age are always welcomed and appreciated at Family Promise! Family Promise helps over 1000 people a year, and it would not be possible without each and every one of our valuable volunteers.
We have many ways for individuals, groups, families, congregations and businesses to become involved – age, skill and availability don’t matter – we will find the perfect fit!
Exciting ways you can get involved!
– Overnight Volunteers: Exercise your talent of sleeping and stay overnight with our families from 8:30pm-7am.
– Office Angels: Volunteers needed to help around the office. We are more than happy to work with your schedule!
– Furniture Donation Driver: Help us pick-up donated furniture items and bring these items to families as they move into their new homes!
– Kids Care Program: Do you have a school, youth group, girl/boy scout troop, or sports team that wants to help homeless kids? A staff member at Family Promise would love to talk to your class, team, or group about the realities of child and family homelessness and provide a service activity for kids to make a difference!
– Family Driver: Drive families to look at housing, go to job interviews, or go to other appointments.
– Play with Kids: We typically have infants and toddlers in the program that would love to be held or played with any day during the week!
– Special Projects: Assemble various craft projects and thank you boards!
– Paint, Landscape, or Perform Minor Home Repairs
– Get your Church Involved as a Host or Support Church with the Interfaith Hospitality Network shelter program!
For more volunteer oppotunities give Chelsea, our Volunteer Coordinator, a call!
More At Home Projects:
Check out some of our “homemade” recipes that you and your family can do at home!
Birthday Bag Recipe
Buckets of Love Recipe
Family Celebration Baskets Recipes
A Safe Place to Land Recipe
Job Celebration Recipe
Kitchen Kit Recipe
Moving Home Recipe
Pathway Home Recipe
Snack Bag Recipe
Toiletry Tote Recipe
Toy Box Recipe
These are just a few of the many tasks that our volunteers assist with as we work to help families facing a housing crisis in Kent County/Grand Rapids. Individual volunteers as well as group volunteers can get involved on a one-time, monthly, weekly, or even daily basis!
Some of the many groups who have volunteered in the past include:
Would you like more information about volunteer opportunities?
Please contact Chelsea, our Volunteer Coordinator, at (616) 608-8917 or email@example.com